Love Shoot – Kirsty and Fin

Everyone, meet Kirsty and Fin…

I met Kirsty on the internet. Or, more specifically through wedding blogs. Kirsty writes her own blog called A Safe Mooring, but you already knew that didn’t you? What started as a few friendly emails between us about weddings turned into us both realising we actually had quite a bit in common and that *gasp* we might actually become friends on the other side aka real life…

Tom and I were in Kirsty and Fin’s neck of the woods earlier this month for a wedding, and they very kindly had us to stay. It turns out meeting friends from wedding blogs is not as scary as some think it is (hello Pa, yes I’m talking about you). In fact we went all out and also met up with Cara and her adorable twins E and A and Sophie from I Heart Flowers whilst we were in Edinburgh. It was brilliant.

I asked Sophie if she could put together a little bouquet for Kirsty as a thank you present for having us. It was incredible and included some of my favourite flowers, dahlias and hydrangeas. I love it when gifts are hard to give away because you love them so much. That bouquet was one of those gifts. The other was a Siamese Slanket, which I know Kirsty has always wanted. Who doesn’t want a Slanket aka a hug in blanket form?

During our stay we had a wander out to the harbour with Kirsty, Fin and my camera. Fin surprised us that morning by agreeing to be in the pictures, even though he previously said he’d rather be castrated than pose for photographs. I don’t know what happened but he even shaved and wore ironed jeans. I know.

So out we went. It was breezy. These two assured me they weren’t the posing types. Which is absolutely fine because I just let it unfold with the lightest of direction. I just love these photographs. I also love how relaxed and natural these two are with each other.

So, here you are, some of my favourites from our mini portrait shoot. I won’t call it a Love Shoot again in case any of Fin’s friends are reading this and rib him endlessly for agreeing to have his Love photographed. Ha! Thank you to you both for having us and for being there when we most needed you, exhausted and hungry after being out all day shooting a wedding. You fed us carbs, made us laugh… if anyone deserves an incredible bunch of flowers and a Slanket, you do. A special thank you to Kirsty for lending me some leggings to save me flashing my unmentionables on the breezy seafront during the photos (so practical, I love you!).

I won’t go into what is making them laugh here

Please feel free to leave Kirsty and Fin some love in the comments box below…

10 comments | Leave a comment
Posted in: Portraits
Tagged:

10 Comments

1. Posted 01/09/2011 at 8:18 am | Permalink

They look so happy!! And I adore the dof in so many of these pics – they're beautiful!! xx

2. Esme
    Posted 01/09/2011 at 9:28 am | Permalink

Aww, what cuties. It looks cold, if only you'd had your slanket with you!

Really great, natural photos – exactly the kind you want to remind you of a lovely weekend.

xx

3. Posted 01/09/2011 at 10:08 am | Permalink

Yay! Lucy these are just fab, thank you so, so much. These are now tied in first place with the Slanket for My Favourite Present Ever (don't tell Fin). Trying to choose my favourite but it's tricky… I absolutely love the top two, and the ones of us in front of the lighthouse, and the ones of us laughing – actually, I love all of them. Thank you again. You can come and stay any time!! xx

4. Posted 01/09/2011 at 10:48 am | Permalink

So cute! Good work Lucy!

5. Posted 01/09/2011 at 11:57 am | Permalink

Great photos! Kirsty – you guys look fabulous (of course)!

6. Posted 01/09/2011 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

oh my word you guys are cute. awesome photos!

7. Posted 01/09/2011 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

Thank you everyone for your ace comments today. You have really put a smile on my face, yay! x

ps kirsty, don't feel that you have to pick a favourite, there are lots lots more. Your disc will be winging its way to you shortly my dear!

8. Posted 02/09/2011 at 8:37 am | Permalink

Aww the cuteness. You are a clever lady Lucy.

Kirsty and Fin – cuteness.

9. Posted 02/09/2011 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Never thought I would see the day when Fin agrees to participate in a love shoot…..well done Lucy! Brilliant photos as always. x

10. Posted 03/09/2011 at 2:58 am | Permalink

Gorgeous.

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

Welcome to my blog

• There is something about how florists and growers handle the plants as they walk around the garden. I guess the closest thing I could compare it to is how a hairdresser handles a client
    • Doddington Hall looking majestic in the sunshine earlier this week at the @catkinflowers @jayarcherblooms workshop
    • I spent the day at Doddington Hall in Lincolnshire on Tuesday flexing my creative muscles documenting something quite different but rather special. I joined a gang of talented uk florists and growers led by @catkinflowers and @jayarcherblooms to witness on camera the transformation of some ancient Chestnut trees with a floral installation. I believe in community. I also believe that women need other women and that we must take time out to nurture ourselves. To find a group of women from all over the country who share these values was energising. We all agreed how refreshing it was to forget about a brief and get stuck in, to switch off the phone and forget about social media and be reminded of what actually matters in the end. It
    • Happy wife, happy life.
    • Emma and Guy
    • Magical light today for Emma and Guy
    • So long Cornwall and your painterly skies. My arse and thighs don
    • The rest of the beach is surplus to requirements.
    • We take the photo not because it shows life as it is all the time, but because sometimes it shows the opposite. Because we want to celebrate the end result not the hard work, relish the windows of calm in the fog of chaos. It
    • Today at preschool, my son
    • Sophie and Sean
    • Wildernest, Goa. Summers fit for infinity pools? Yes please.
    • A girl with a smile as big and strong as the arms around her. More photographs from this pretty spring engagement shoot at Hardwick Hall on the blog.
    • Happy happy happy! I love capturing that newlywed joy during their exit down the aisle. More pictures on the blog. Link in bio.
    • This moment never gets old. You can see more of this springtime Warwickshire wedding on my blog
    • "Wherever you are, be all there" J Elliot. I have been thinking a lot about mindfulness recently and I
    • I heard an insightful piece on radio 4 this week about Morris Men and Women and what it
    • Apparently black and white images get fewer likes on Instagram. But I love this photograph so much I